Me and Mine - May 2016

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 31, 2016

I actually cannot believe it's been a month since my last Me and Mine post, seriously - where did May go? Ethan is now 12 weeks old and I'm struggling to get my head around it. I've packed away all of his newborn and 0-3m clothing and he's fully in to his 3-6m stuff.


All month I kept thinking "I must take a family photo for the Me and Mine project" but then Mr T was so busy with work and his exam classes then Ethan seemed to spend half the month full of cold, before I knew it the month was up and the only family photo I have is this bad selfie of the three of us taken a couple of weeks ago. 

Initially I didn't want to use this photo, it's pretty awful but it does tell a story of another first for Ethan and that's one of the reasons I'm taking part in this project. I look seriously rough, Mr T needs a shave and Ethan isn't even looking at the camera. We had had a run of sleepless nights with the night before being particularly bad and I was just shattered. He wouldn't nap in the day and I was wore done. I had went to a friend's house for a couple of hours that afternoon to get a break and when I got back Mr T had been to Sainsburys, bought a disposable barbecue and some meat and fish to cook on it. It was Ethan's first barbecue and even though we were sat in our grotty back garden (I cannot wait to move!) with next door's cats hovering around I knew we needed to mark it with a photo.

Sleepless nights (and days) are all part of the package in life with a little baby. Yes I need to put some make-up on and fix my hair, yes Mr T needs to stop pulling a silly face and yes, Ethan needs to look at the camera but that's our life and I wouldn't change it for the world.





Let's hope next month's photos are a little better and we get some more sleep!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awww... gorgeous little man! What a lovely little family you have! And yes... sleepless nights! It will get better.... promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and you don't look rough at all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also pretty sure Mr T will never stop pulling funny faces hahaha

      Delete
  3. Aww he's gorgeous, and what a great milestone with which to welcome summer!

    ReplyDelete