Pink Lemonade Bundt

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 20, 2016


Regular readers of this blog will know I am a massive fan of Sugar and Crumbs Icing Sugar. I have been using their sugars for 2-3 years now and they have to be the best flavoured icing that I have ever used.

A few weeks back I was having a root around in my baking cupboard when I spotted an unopened bag of Pink Lemonade Icing Sugar that only had a few months left on the date. I had actually bought it at the Cake and Bake Show last year but somehow forgot I had it.

I was wracking my brains trying to think how I could incorporate it in a cake when I noticed Sugar and Crumbs had started stocking Nordic Ware Bundts. Now I am purposefully avoiding their website at the moment as maternity pay, yummy icing and gorgeous cake tins are not a good combination. 

Anyway... I digress... I got chatting to the S&C folks on Twitter and we began to wonder how their icing sugar would work in a Bundt so of course I realised how I would use the Pink Lemonade Icing Sugar - I would make a Bundt! 

I opted for my Blossom tin as it's just so pretty (although it's a bugger to grease!) and my favourite tin to use.

I was unsure as to how icing sugar would work in a sponge so I did a 50/50 ratio of icing sugar to caster sugar. The result was interesting but in a good way. The Pink Lemonade flavour wasn't that strong but what it did give was a sweeter sponge. The flavour did come through stronger in the icing glaze and I think that had it been more evident in the sponge it would have been too overpowering.

To add a little bit of fun (and pink) to the Bundt I decided to create a marble effect with some pink food colouring. It was only afterwards that I began to wonder should I have flavoured the pink bits with the Pink Lemonade icing sugar and left the rest of it plain. I think I might do that with my next batch of icing sugars as now I'm thinking about it as I type I'm quite intrigued by it.

Pink Lemonade Bundt
340g Baking Spread
170g Caster Sugar
170g Pink Lemonade Icing Sugar
340g SR Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
6 eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pink Food Colouring

To Decorate
250g Pink Lemonade Icing Sugar
A few tablespoons of water
Edible Silver Balls
Freeze Dried Raspberries
  • Preheat your oven to 160C (fan)
  • Grease and flour your chosen Bundt tin
  • Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
  • Whisk in the flour, baking powder, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined
  • Scoop half the mixture into another bowl and gently stir in pink food colouring (I use Sugarflair Gels)
  • Alternate between the two cake mixes adding a spoonful at a time into the tin
  • Place in the oven and bake for 45-50mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean
  • Leave to sit in the tin for 30mins before tipping onto a wire rack to cool
  • Once cool mix the remaining icing sugar with some water until it is a thick but pourable consistency
  • Pour over the Bundt
  • Decorate with a scattering of edible silver balls and freeze dried raspberries
Enjoy!






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments