Sweetieatie Salted Caramel Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 06, 2016

You know when you need a special sort of brownie when you have one of those days? Well today is one of those days and I’m wishing I had one of those brownies. Ethan had his 8 week jabs and boy I did not like that side of parenthood one bit. The poor wee man was contentedly snoozing in his pram when I lifted him out, stripped off his shorts and allowed the nurse to give him not one, but three injections and an oral gel. The look on his face and the noises he made broke my heart. I could not bear it but as I’m rapidly learning, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.


Note to self… when he has is 12 week jabs in June, make a batch of these brownies beforehand.
So anyway… back to the recipe! Remember in my last post about the BBC Good Food Show were I mentioned some of my favourite producers, in particular Sweetieatie? Well I purchased a jar of her salted caramel as it was so delicious. Yes I know I can make my own but it’s important to support new businesses and let’s face it, time is not on my side these days. Initially I had planned to put it in my Chocolate Rolo Cake but I forgot but then it was my turn to host the NCT girls and I knew some salted caramel brownies would be just what we needed to enjoy with a cup of tea and a natter.


As always I’ve used my go to brownie recipe. The caramel blended into the mixture while baking so once cooled and cut I was left with an extremely decadent and gooey brownie with just the right amount of salt to balance out the sweetness – yum!

Salted Caramel Brownies

1 x jar of Sweetieatie Salted Caramel Sauce
250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g SR flour
  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water
  • Whisk the sugar and eggs until doubled in volume
  • Fold in the melted chocolate and butter mix
  • Fold in the flour
  • Pour half the mix into the tin
  • Empty the contents of the jar of salted caramel on top of the brownie mixture
  • Pour over the remaining brownie mixture
  • Place in the oven and bake for 30 – 35 mins until crackly on top with a slight wobble



Enjoy!

***Disclaimer: I was not asked to write this post, I just really liked the products from Sweetieatie. I strongly recommend you check out their website and try some of their products.***

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. *drools all over keyboard* They look like the most stunning brownies I have ever seen! Do you think they'd work with other types of salted caramel sauce if I can't get hold of any Sweetieatie stuff?

    Rachel x
    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've used my own salted caramel in brownies too and it's worked fine x

      Delete