Shrek Birthday Cake

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 29, 2015

I love to bake cakes for other people. There is something so special about seeing their face and reaction to a cake you have made especially for them
.
When my friend Alison had her little boy last year I promised her I would make his 1st birthday cake. I actually prefer to make a cake rather than buy a gift. Gifts sometimes are unwanted or end up on a shelf while I know a cake will always be enjoyed.

A few months back Alison text me saying Hugo had recently got into Shrek and could I look at that as a cake idea for him. After a bit of googling for inspiration I knew exactly what I wanted to make but I also realised I needed to get some Shrek figures or get better at my sugar craft modelling. After a few disastrous eBay bidding wars I managed to snap up some Shrek figures that I could put on the cake.

When Alison and her hubby Dan saw the cake they were delighted with it. Hugo seemed to like it too – he went straight for Shrek and put him in his mouth haha!

Question now is – what will I make this little man for his second birthday??





Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments