Creme Egg Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 01, 2015

I adore making brownies, they are my ultimate go to bake when I am feeling stressed or need a massive chocolate hit. Ever since I found this recipe by Billingtons I have used it as the base for so many other types of brownies.

Seeing as it is Easter week I felt it was the ideal opportunity to whip up some crème egg brownies. My colleagues have also been dropping some not very subtle hints lately about me making some brownies again so to celebrate a four day week and the long weekend I decided to make Monday a lot more cheerful and bring these bad boys in to the office. 

Here’s a tip though – don’t put the crème eggs into the brownies until 5 mins before the end otherwise they disintegrate and the bake becomes crumbly rather than gooey.

I've fiddled with the recipe slightly by adding some milk chocolate and reducing the amount of dark chocolate. It makes them a little less rich and a lot more moreish haha!

Crème Egg Brownies
300g dark chocolate
50g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g SR flour
6 crème eggs cut in half lengthways
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
  • Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
  • Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and doubled in volume
  • Fold in the melted chocolate
  • Fold in the flour
  • Pour into the tin and bake for 25mins
  • Take the tray out of the oven, carefully and quickly add the crème egg halves pressing gently into the brownie.
  • Bake for another 5 mins until the eggs start to melt a little and the top has a crackled appearance.
  • Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into 12 pieces.



Enjoy! 

PS. I may have gotten a little bit carried away with my Easter baking over the weekend. Cupcake recipe to follow tomorrow.
Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments