BBC Good Food Show Spring

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 14, 2015

Saturday was an amazing day! Sam, one of my cake club friends and I went to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate and omg it was great! We got to meet Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood and the Hairy Bikers!

Usually most of the shows go to Manchester, Birmingham and London so it was a real treat to have one come to Yorkshire. I only live 20mins away from Harrogate so there was no excuse not to go.

With our ticket we also got to go to a demonstration by Paul and Mary which was absolutely fantastic. I really wish I had borrowed the DSLR from work but instead I had to use my phone which wasn’t the greatest for taking photos with all the harsh lighting. I loved the demo; Paul and Mary have such a great working relationship – I smiled and laughed the whole way through!

As for the actual show, it was really good. We loved trying samples from all the exhibitors and watching demonstrations. I was very controlled in my spending by only taking £20 cash with me although I caved and bought a Hairy Bikers book to get signed woops! I blame WH Smith accepting card payments haha.

Book signings! All I can say is wow! Never ever did I think I would meet Paul, Mary or the Hairy Bikers but to meet all 3 in one day and get my books signed was amazing! The people on the WH Smith stand were brilliant too, they came down the queue writing our names on a post-it and sticking it on the correct page so whoever signed it knew your name and spelt it properly. It made everything so efficient and running smoothly.

Paul, Mary and the Hairy Bikers were all so lovely. I did feel a little rushed (and totally star struck!) but I understood security had to move you on quickly so everyone got their books signed.

All in all it was a fab day, I can’t wait for the Cake and Bake Show now in June woop!


Mary and Paul's demo

Hahaha! Mary was concerned about doing a selfie cos everyone would see her bottom (her words lol!)
Sam getting to meet Paul

Me and Mr Hollywood woop!

I'm sad I forgot to go back and buy some fudge, it was divine!

The Guinness in the sausage roll caught my eye :)





Me chatting to Mary woop!






   
Meeting the Hairy Bikers :)


Sam is very happy with her signed books!
I am too haha!



Ending the day off in style!
Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments