Wedding Cake Inspiration

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 09, 2015


So it’s less than 4 months to the big day and I’m getting so excited! Oddly I’m not nervous and I only feel stressed when other people seem to stress about little things that I’m not concerned about.

Thankfully the to-do list is rapidly shrinking and this is all that is left to do:

1.   Soak the fruit for the cake (then make and decorate it)
2.   Mr T’s suit and shoes
3.   Invest in some nice make-up
4.   Hair accessories and jewellery for myself and the bridesmaids
5.   Ties for the men in the bridal party
6.   Props for the photobooth
7.   Signs for each area
8.   Drinks tokens
9.   Seating Plan
10.  Activity packs for the kids
11.  Work out the table arrangements/displays
12.  Bunting/decorations
13.  Finalise music
14.  Finalise order of service and print it
15.  Decorate the glass jars and fill with flowers
16.  Bake the cakes for the cake table (will be done a few days before the wedding)
 

So first on the list is the cake. I’ll get the fruit soaking this week but in the meantime I’ve been looking at ideas on decorating it. I keep changing my mind but so far these are some of the styles I’m interested in:

I’ve already decided to do at least one fake tier and the rest fruit so I can have it sorted well in advance. I’m also considering taking some of the roses from my parent’s garden and putting them on top of the cake instead of attempting to make sugar flowers. Thinking about it, I’m having fresh flowers throughout so this would actually work quite well with the theme...


I'm loving the ruffled effect but also the idea of having different designs on each tier.


Initially I loved the idea of draping fondant but now I'm not so sure. I do see myself swaying towards the ruffles more and more especially with a splash of colour in it.


This one above on the left is my favourite but then I do wonder about the more traditional style on the right. So many beautiful cakes makes choosing a design very difficult!

I’m also off to a few food shows in the coming months so I’m looking for some more inspiration there.

Have you ever made your own wedding cake? Have you any tips?

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments