Easter Cupcakes

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 02, 2015


I’ve got another Easter recipe for you – Easter cupcakes!


I’m so surprised I’ve managed to blog on 4 consecutive days this week but I’m pleased too. This new blog design has really spurred me on and I’m feeling a lot more creative. 

I’m already plotting and planning for the weekend. I don’t want to bake a lot as I want some time out and to spend some much needed time with Mr T but I’d quite like to make us a nice treat (or 2!).

The sponge in this recipe comes from a Hummingbird recipe from years ago. I can’t find the original to link it to as it’s so easy I’ve memorised it without even trying.


Easter Cupcakes (makes 6)
120g SR flour
40g Stork margarine (or similar)
140g sugar
1 egg
120ml milk
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
  • Preheat the oven to 160C (fan) and line a muffin tin with 6 cases

  • Whisk the butter, sugar and flour on a high speed until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.

  • In a jug add the milk, vanilla and egg and whisk lightly.

  • Slowly pour this over the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.

  • Using an ice-cream scoop divide between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 22mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

  • Remove from the tin immediately and place on a wire race to cool.
Buttercream
100g unsoftened butter
250g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
Raspberry jam
Freeze dried raspberries
Mini eggs
  • Whisk the butter and icing sugar on a high speed for 5 mins until pale and fluffy.

  • Add the milk a little at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.

  • Pop a 1M nozzle into a piping bag and fill with buttercream.

  • Once cool, spread a small amount of jam over the top of each cupcake.

  • Pipe a generous swirl of icing, sprinkle over the free dried raspberries and add a few mini eggs to each.
I'm not the only one who does this , am I?



Enjoy!

Have a very happy Easter, I’ll catch up with you all next week.


Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You have shared very useful information on Easter cupcakes. This year, arranged a Halloween party with my colleagues at an exotic event space Chicago. All of us really had an amazing time there and loved the time we spent together.

    ReplyDelete