Wedding Rocky Road

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 07, 2015

Apologies for the blog absence over the past week, our bank holiday was a wee bit on the busy size what with Mr T's birthday, a trip to the coast and then some wedding ring drama.

I took the rings out on Saturday to look at them after realising it was exactly 3 months until the big day. When we got my ring back in February I was concerned that it was a bit on the small side but the guy in the shop said it was fine, my hands were just a bit hot. When I tried it on on Saturday (I coundn't resist) the ring did not want to go over my knuckle. Now it wasn't even that warm on Saturday but I started to panic thinking that if it's a hot day on the actual wedding day (2nd August) then Mr T is really going to struggle during the exchanging of the rings. I got straight on the phone to Ernest Jones and they said it's fine, bring it in and they will order me a new one in the next size up. I was so relieved to get it sorted, phew!

So while I was still in wedding mode over the weekend I decided to have a go at making some rocky road for our cake table. I wanted something that matched the colour scheme which is purple and grey and once again I had one of my lightbulb moments - white chocolate rocky road with dried blueberries.


I changed the bottom layer of the rocky road to purple with some food colouring and added some silver leaf to the top for some extra glam. I brought this into work to share with my colleagues and one said "Clare, why is there foil on the top of this?" He was not convinced about the silver leaf at all. Some people just don't get it haha!

Thankfully the rocky road went down very well - I may have eaten more than one piece oops! It was so quick and easy to make I'll definitely make it again for the wedding.

  
Wedding Rocky Road
500g white chocolate
75g Rice Krispies
75g mini marshmallows
100g dried blueberries
Silver leaf
Purple sprinkles
Purple food gel (I used the Sugarflair grape violet one)
  • Line an 18cm square tin with clingfilm.
  • Melt 300g of the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  • Once melted stir in the food colouring until it has reached your desired colour adding more if required.
  • Stir in the marshmallows, rice krispies and blueberries.
  • Pour into the prepared tin, leave to cool then pop in the fridge for 1 hour.
  • After an hour take the rocky road out of the fridge.
  • Melt the remaining 200g white chocolate using the same process as before.
  • Once melted pour over the set rocky road.
  • Scatter over the purple sprinkles and silver leaf.
  • Leave to cool then place in the fridge for a further hour.
  • Once set cut into equal pieces and enjoy! 



Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so cute! It would make a wonderful wedding favour. Delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr T order nice ring for wedding and birthday cake delicious.So i think anybody can enjoy same he should follow Mr T.

    http://www.artweddings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete