Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 11, 2015


Happy Monday folks!

I’m in a surprisingly good mood for a Monday but the sun is shining and all I can think is that in two weeks time we will be back home for a visit sorting out wedding stuff – hair trial, hotel visit and engagement shoot woop!

Anyway… back to the point of this post – Meal Planning Monday. I’m struggling at SW at the moment. I’ve lost 9lb so far but hit a bit of a plateau. I really want to get slimmer but it’s a struggle. All I need is another 5lb off to get to target but I’m getting frustrated with the lack of progress. I think bank holidays, Mr T’s birthday and a few busy weekends aren’t helping matters.

So here’s what we are having this week. It’s looking like a fairly quiet week for us and so sticking to plan should be easy. We are in town on Saturday sorting out some ring and suit stuff so we might go for lunch but other than that no other real plans.

Monday – Beef Tagine. I made brisket yesterday from my Save With Jamie book and he recommends using the leftovers in this tagine. I made a point of setting aside the meat we would need for the tagine and then served up the rest. There was still loads and it definitely stopped us over-eating.
Tuesday – Salt and Pepper Pork
Wednesday – Spaghetti Bolognese
Thursday – Salmon, Rice and Veg
Friday – Steak
Saturday – depends on if we go out for lunch/tea so I’m leaving this one open.
Sunday – Roast Chicken. I hate chicken, the smell alone makes me want to heave but there are so many yummy looking chicken recipes out there I’m trying to force myself into liking it. If not Mr T is going to be eating it for the rest of the week haha!

Have a great week!


As always I'll be linking over at Mrs M's - see you there!
Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Chicken is one of my most favouritist things in the whole universe!!!!! :-) You can always send some my way if you don't change your mind soon. My hated thing is a tomato - though I ate my first mini tom last week without screwing up my face in disgust. I am determined I will learn to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Sally glad to hear I'm not the only one with food hates as an adult. If you conquer the tomato I'll conquer the chicken ;)

      Delete