The Me and Mine Project - May 2017

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 31, 2017

Goodness me but where has May gone? I'm like a broken record these past few months but this year is flying by. I can't believe I've been back at work for 5 months, it's gone by in a blink.


May for us has been a lovely month involving more DIY getting the garden more Ethan friendly. Tom built a new shed over the Easter holidays but he's spent the past few weeks digging up weeds and disposing of rubbish left by the previous owners. Honestly, we can't believe the state they left the garden in but that's a rant for another day.

This month has also been an expensive one on the house front as our boiler packed in. It was almost 30 years old so we knew it was on borrowed time but we were hoping that it would last another couple of years when we could afford to put a new kitchen in and move the position of it. £1700 later and we finally have hot water. The only blessing is that it happened in summer, I wouldn't have fancied 2 weeks with no hot water or heating in the middle of winter!

Bye bye any chance of a summer holiday though, maybe next year eh?

In other happier news Ethan is now fully walking. He takes the odd tumble landing flat on his bottom but for the most part he barely crawls and has even started running. I remember thinking he was quick at crawling but oh my, he's even faster now that he can walk. It's so exciting to see him reach his milestones but bittersweet too; he's not my little baby any more - he's turning in to a fully fledged toddler.

This month....

Tom is loving: 
Having a garden to sit in
His new barbecue
All the coursework has been submitted for his exam classes

Clare is loving:
Baking - I managed 3 separate bakes this month woop!
Feeling the warmth of the sun on my face
The new series of Britain's Got Talent

Ethan is loving:
Walking, walking, walking
Giving cuddles and saying "ahhhh..."
Exploring the garden

This month's photos were snapped on a sunny Sunday in the garden. We both look knackered (thanks to a little boy who thinks sleep is for wimps) and my roots really need touching up but they are honest and true and a real reflection of us. Some months we both look so rough in these photos but they are the ones I cherish the most. I know in years to come I'll look back on these with fond memories, the sleepless nights will be a distant memory and I'll be longing for the baby days again.

 



Make sure to check out Lucy's blog over at Dear Beautiful where you can see all of the other wonderful families taking part in the Me and Mine posts.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ahh these are so lovely. It's been so nice out hasn't it? I am loving the sunshine. Kids always seem to thrive on fresh air too. #meandmineproject

    ReplyDelete