Cookie Dough Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 18, 2017


Regular readers of this blog will know that I love brownies - that combination of chocolate, sugar, butter, flour and eggs creates something magical that can only be described as rib stickingly good.

A few weeks ago, I came across this recipe by Brown EyedBaker for Cookie Dough Brownies and I just knew I had to make them. Two of my favourite things in a bake - this was a match made in heaven!

I decided to stick with my brownie recipe as I know it works but I used Brown Eyed Baker's recipe for the cookie dough and oh my, this is heaven on a plate. Tom reckoned they were too sweet and rich for him so he could only manage half a slice at a time but I like to think of myself as a seasoned brownie eater therefore I may have eaten 1 or 2 that weekend (totally didn't eat a few a day haha).

The cookie dough does take these brownies to the next level and it's already got me thinking about the possibility of using different flavours of cookie dough alongside the consistent chocolate base of the brownie. I'm thinking a white chocolate version would be great for the summer 

Cookie Dough Brownies
250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g plain flour

Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)

Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin

Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water

In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume

Once the butter and chocolate have melted, whisk in the egg/sugar mixture

Whisk in the flour

Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes

Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin

Cookie Dough
225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g light brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
60 ml double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
210g plain flour
200g chocolate chips

Whisk the butter and both sugars together on a high speed until pale and fluffy

Add the cream, vanilla and salt and mix until combined

Whisk in the flour and chocolate chips

Spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies and chill in the fridge for 1 hour

Cut up into small squares and enjoy!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Just made these to bring in to work for my birthday - not healthy but delicious!

    ReplyDelete