Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 22, 2017

Another Monday and another meal plan - have you had a good weekend?

Ours was fairly chilled out, nothing exciting to report I'm afraid. We have found out though that we need a new boiler which is just a tad expensive (£1700, ahem!) so money is now very tight. Bye bye any chance of a summer holiday but at least we will have hot water and heating when winter hits.

This is definitely one of the negatives of owning your own home but oh my, the positives are there in abundance.

We were out in the garden for a bit yesterday enjoying the sunshine and while Tom did a bit of gardening I needed eyes in the back of my head to stop Ethan going exploring behind the shed and trying to eat every little stone he could find.

I'm also having to embrace mud and dirt, I guess it comes with the territory when you have a little boy. He fell a few times and as the grass was damp from the previous day's rain it wasn't long before he had muddy knees and hands. He did have the best of fun which I guess makes it worthwhile but I on the other hand had him stripped off and wiped down before he got anywhere near the new sofa.

Gosh, once again I'm on one of my rambles instead of sharing this week's meal plan! Last week was National Vegetarian Week and every evening meal was veggie buy oh my, by the time it came to Sunday we wanted steak. Honestly I could never be vegetarian, I totally respect people's choices on it but I love meat too much to give it up - we are such carnivores in our house!

This week I dusted down the cookery books and picked a few recipes from Jamie's 15 Minute Meals and Mary Berry Cooks the Perfect... which I'm looking forward to trying out.

This week we are having:

Saturday - Pie and Mash
Sunday - Cajun Steak with Smoked Beans
Monday - Spaghetti Carabonara
Tuesday - Lemon Chicken Risotto
Wednesday - Spanish Paprika Chicken
Thursday - Golden Chicken with Greens and Gratin
Friday - King Prawn Linguine

I'm also really enjoying vlogging our food shop - make sure you check it out and if you haven't already please can you subscribe to my channel? Pretty please xxx







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Eek! I hope you manage to get your new boiler soon. That is a lot of money.
    I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian either. I don't eat that much meat but I do love bacon sandwiches. hehehe
    Fab meal plan!

    ReplyDelete