Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 30, 2017



Before I share this week’s meal plan I want to tell you about this past weekend. I’ve had the loveliest of times, one where I should have got the camera out more but instead I just sat back and enjoyed it. 

Friday is my day off so I had some pre-birthday celebrations with my mum friends involving lots of cake and play time with our not so little babies.

Friday night I was feeling exhausted so as I was putting Ethan to bed Mr T text me a screen shot from Just Eat and he had ordered us Pizza for tea, he’s a good ‘un!

Saturday morning, I woke to a mountain of birthday cards from my lovely friends and family. It was my first birthday as a Mum and I felt quite emotional reading some of my cards especially as my dear friends made a point of mentioning it. Mr T also got me two beautiful cards from him and Ethan. He actually took Ethan downstairs initially and Whatsapped me some pictures that made it look like Ethan was writing my card then brought them all up to bed for me to open.

Saturday afternoon we headed into town for some clothes shopping (birthday present from the Mr!) and then on to Blackhouse for a meal. We go every January as it’s 50% off and oh my, it was delicious! Calamari cooked to perfection, melt in the mouth fillet steak and a warm apple pie with the flakiest of pastry; it was amazing. The little man wasn’t so keen on steak but he gobbled up the mash potato and ice cream!

Upon arriving home I had a surprise bunch of flowers from my brother-in-law, one of the nice bouquets I have ever seen.

The birthday celebrations didn’t end there; Sunday afternoon saw 2 friends and I head to Mama Doreen’s in Harrogate (again!) for afternoon tea and oh my, it did not disappoint. I’ve spoken about their afternoon teas before and it truly is the best one I’ve been to.

When I got home the in-laws arrived with more gifts and a lovely handmade picture from my nephew – it was so sweet. Once they all left the normal Sunday evening routine began and suddenly it’s now lunchtime on Monday and my birthday weekend feels like a long distant memory.

After consuming so much cake this weekend I need to get back on it food wise. I’m floating around my initial target weight that I set at Slimming World and I have dropped it down a bit but I think I’ve actually reached my natural weight. Whether I have a good or a bad week I can’t seem to get any lighter so maybe this is where I’m supposed to be?

So anyway… this week we are having…

Monday – Oven Baked Risotto
 Wednesday – Mushroom Omlette (Mr T has parent’s evening so it’s a solo dinner for me)
Thursday – Sausage, Egg and Sweet Potato Fries
Friday – Cod and Chorizo Stew (we keep meaning to make this but it gets pushed back)

We haven’t planned the weekend yet but I’m thinking a pie or a roast might feature at some point.

Have a great week!

(PS. Looking back maybe I should have left my birthday for a separate post, ah well you have got two for one here haha!)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments