Me and Mine - December 2016

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 01, 2017

I've taken a bit of a break from my blog and social media in general over the past few weeks. It's been my last month of maternity leave and I've just wanted to savour the time with Ethan, not have half an eye on Instagram while building a tower from his stacking cups.


I really can't believe I have only one day left of mat leave. This time last year I was looking forward to going back to work after the Christmas break knowing I had only 6 weeks left and now suddenly it's 12 months later. I know I made the most of my time off; we went to plenty of groups, saw friends regularly and had cosy days at home but it doesn't stop me pining for those newborn days where all Ethan wanted to do was sleep on me and we spent hours snuggling on the sofa.

When I first joined in on this project back in March I never thought I would stick to it and bar one month that we missed it's been amazing to see how Ethan has changed and grown over the past 9 months. Mr T does moan (he hates having his photo taken) but I keep reminding him that happy wife means happy life so he reluctantly goes along with it.

This photo was snapped a few days ago at my parent's house. We spent Christmas in Leeds with the in-laws then flew back to Belfast on the 27th to see my side of the family. It's been such a special time; Ethan was spoiled rotten and so many unexpected people gave him a gift. I actually felt overwhelmed by their generosity and found myself feeling guilty that I hadn't got a gift for them. Christmas really does bring out the inner kindness in so many people and I count ourselves very lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives.


2016... what a year you have been. I know I have said it already but I am so glad I decided to take part in the Me and Mine Project. I'm looking forward to continuing with this in 2017 and seeing how our family changes and grows.


Make sure you check out all of the other Me and Mine Project photos here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm 100% certain that Mr T won't regret these in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to see the changes and I sympathise, My husband isn't the most so-operative either and thinks it is a faff but it is always worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous family captures. So lovely to look back isn't it? My hubby hates when I ask him for our family captures as we have been doing this project for three years now but then always loves looking back on them and realizes they are so worth it. (still grumbles though during them) hahahha Happy New Year! #meandmineproject

    ReplyDelete