Raspberry and Cream Cheese Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 29, 2016

Regular readers will know how much I love a good brownie and that this recipe has become my go to recipe for brownies. It's become so popular that friends always ask me for the recipe and I've yet to find a better chocolate brownie - if you know of one please let me know!


I love to play about with this recipe to try out different flavour combinations and with raspberries in season (finally!) I decided to try and create a Raspberry and Cream Cheese Brownie. I looked at other cream cheese brownie recipes to figure out how to make the cream cheese layer work and even though I winged it to an extent it was a success - woop!


As always, it's simple, easy and quick. In the time it takes for the butter and chocolate to melt I can sort the other aspects of the mixture then quickly bung it all in the oven. 

Often I meet people who are scared of baking or am amazed that I can bake with a small baby but it's all about finding the right recipe. Start with the basics and you will surprise yourself - often it's even easier than it looks! These brownies are so simple and if you feel daunted by the cream cheese layer just leave it out and bake for 10 minutes less.

Raspberry and Cream Cheese Brownies
250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g plain flour
Punnet of raspberries
250g marscapone
80g caster sugar
1 egg yolk

  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water
  • Whisk the sugar and eggs until doubled in volume
  • Fold in the melted chocolate and butter mix
  • Fold in the flour
  • Pour the mix into the tin
  • Push a handful of raspberries into the mixture
  • Whisk the cream cheese, sugar and egg together
  • Pour over the brownie mix
  • Tumble in the remaining raspberries
  • Place in the over for 45 minutes until the cream cheese topping has a slight wobble and it golden round the edges
Enjoy!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments