Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 20, 2016

I haven't done a meal plan for a while now. We have had a few busy weeks where things have been a bit up in the air and then I flew back home to Belfast last week for a couple of days so their definitely wasn't any meal planning going on then.


Speaking of which, I was really apprehensive about flying by myself with Ethan but it couldn't have gone any better. From the moment Mr T dropped us at the airport and my parents picked us up on the other side both staff and passengers were so helpful. The lovely lady at check-in gave me a whole row to myself even though babies travel on your lap just so I had some extra space. I put Ethan in the sling as it was easier to collapse the pram and get organised when going through security and thankfully as it's fabric I was able to keep him in the sling when going through the scanner. I had people offering to take my things off the belt for me as you all know how chaotic it is at security. When I was collapsing the pram at the steps to the plane a passenger stopped the queue offering to help then another put my hand luggage in the overhead locker and once we were ready to disembark another passenger got my hand luggage down when he saw me putting Ethan in the sling and carried it off the plane for me. I got the exact same service coming back all from people I had never met before. It was so lovely to see how many helpful people there are around.

Ok, went off on a slight tangent there! Back to the meal plan! I've decided to have a go at doing Meat Free Mondays and Fish Fridays just to make things a bit more interesting. Let's see if I can stick to it!

This week we are having...

Monday - Falafel Burgers with Sweet Potato Wedges
Tuesday - Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Bake
Wednesday - Mince and Onion Pie
Thursday - Lamb and Pear Tagine
Friday - Fish Pie
Saturday - Steak and Chips
Sunday - Roast Chicken

Now I need to get to Aldi and do a food shop before baby group this afternoon.

Have a great week!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww! How lovely! It sounds like you had a great experience travelling.
    Good luck with the meal plan. The Lamb and Pear Tagine sounds delicious x

    ReplyDelete