Lotus Biscoff Cupcakes

By A Wee Bit of Cake - October 01, 2018


Salted Caramel used to be my addiction but now it's all about the Lotus Biscoff Spread. I mean, seriously, that stuff I could happily eat out of the jar, it's just heaven!

While I was going through my drafts and food photos I realised I had 3 recipes that I had yet to share which are all Biscoff related so I've decided to declare this Biscoff Week on my blog and I'll be sharing a recipe today (Monday), on Wednesday and Friday.

First up is my Biscoff Cupcake recipe. So simple and easy to whip up but the flavour of the buttercream is a fluffy piece of heaven. I find I prefer making a sponge that is quite plain to balance out the sweetness and richness of the buttercream otherwise it's just too rich and sickly rather than indulgent. Cupcakes may be small but it's important not to over do it on the sweetness front.



Biscoff Cupcakes

170g SR flour
170g baking spread (preferably Stork)
170g light brown sugar
1tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Biscoff biscuits crumbled

Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)
Line a 12 hole muffin tin
Using the all in one method place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk on a high speed until well combined and fluffy in texture
Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases (using an ice cream scoop will make this easier)
Place in the oven for 20 minutes until springy to touch and a skewer inserted comes out clean
Remove from the tin immediately and place on a wire rack to cool

To Decorate
500g icing sugar
200g unsalted butter (softened)
a few heaped tbsp of smooth Biscoff spread
a few tbsp of milk to combine if needed
a piping bag of 2 tbsp of melted Biscoff spread

Whisk the icing sugar, butter and Biscoff spread on a high speed for a good 5 minutes until pale and fluffy adding milk to combine if needed. 
If you feel the buttercream doesn't have a strong enough flavour add more Biscoff spread until you have reached your desired taste.
Pipe a generous swirl on to each cupcake, scatter over a handful of biscuit crumbs and drizzle some of the melted Biscoff spread to finish.

Enjoy!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nowadays, diabetic patients always in a tension because if they eat any kind of dessert then it become great problem. But I know one dessert and that is baklava. To buy this you can visit baklava online shop because from here you'll get all high quality dessert just at a reasonable price. Also this dessert is too much yummy and tasty that you'll become amazed.

    ReplyDelete