Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake

By A Wee Bit of Cake - October 05, 2018


Apologies! I fully intended to get this recipe typed up yesterday and published this morning but a certain baby of mine decided that all week sleep is for the weak therefore I could barely think straight never mind write a blog post.

So, both boys are napping (win!) and I'm taking the opportunity to quickly type up the last recipe in my Biscoff Week series. Have you see my posts on Biscoff Cupcakes and Biscoff Brownies?

A wee while ago I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw a post from Jane's Patisserie on Biscoff Cheesecake and I just knew I needed to make it. I used her recipe but made a few adjustments to it and oh my, this cheesecake is the nicest thing I have ever eaten. It's light and creamy, with a little bit of crunch and has set the bar for future cheesecakes ridiculously high. I gave a friend some of it and sent half of it into work with Tom as there is no way we could have eaten the whole thing and thankfully everyone loved it. I'm always wary of people's reactions to my bakes but I think this is one that I will make time and time again.


Biscoff Cheesecake
300g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted
500g full fat cream cheese
100g icing sugar
2/3 of a jar of Biscoff Spread, smooth
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
300 ml Double Cream
100g white chocolate chips (set aside a handful for decoration)
5 Biscoff biscuits crumbled to decorate

Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm deep loose bottom or springform tin.
Pop the biscuits for the base in a food processor and blitz until fine and crumbly.
Stir into the melted butter and press down firmly into the tin.
Whisk the cream cheese, vanilla, icing sugar and Biscoff Spread until smooth.
Mix in the double cream and chocolate chips and whisk until thick.
Spread the mixture over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
Once chilled melt the remaining Biscoff Spread in the microwave for 20 seconds and pour over the cheesecake.
Scatter over the remaining crumbled biscuits including up the sides and tumble the handful of white chocolate chips on top.
Chill for another 1-2 hours.

Enjoy!


I couldn't resist including this photo. He looks a tad guilty haha!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, I assume the 2/3 of the jar of spread is to mix with the cheese etc, and the remaining 1/3 of the jar is for the top? Or do you just use 2/3 of a jar for the whole thing? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete