Lotus Biscoff Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - October 03, 2018


To celebrate Biscoff week on the old blog I've got another amazing recipe to share with you - Biscoff Brownies!

Brownies are by far my most favourite thing to bake and I've made all sorts of varieties from Malteser, to Crunchie to Cookie Dough and so much more. They are such a versatile little traybake and I love how you can turn a simple chocolate treat into something so much more indulgent.

I love how these two flavours work together; the sweetness of the Biscoff spread balances out the chocolatey richness of the brownie. I actually made these as a birthday gift for a friend and if I'm honest I wish I could have made a whole batch for myself, they were just immense!


Biscoff Brownies

250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g SR flour
1 jar of Biscoff Spread (smooth)
5 Biscoff biscuits, crumbled

  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water
  • Whisk the sugar and eggs until doubled in volume
  • Fold in the melted chocolate and butter mix
  • Fold in the flour
  • Pour the mixture into the tin
  • Dollop a few tablespoons of Biscoff spread into the brownie mixture and swirl through 
  • Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until crackly on top with a slight wobble
  • Leave to cool for 10 minutes
  • Warm the remaining Biscoff spread in the microwave for 20 seconds so it is at a pourable consistency
  • Pour over the tray of brownies
  • Scatter across the crumbled Biscoff biscuits
  • Place in the fridge for a few hours to fully cool and firm up
Enjoy!

I'll be back on Friday with my Biscoff  Cheesecake recipe. You can check out my Biscoff Cupcake recipe here.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments