Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 25, 2016

Monday again! I woke up this morning and thought it was Saturday and then realised it was in fact Monday - not good! On a plus I've only 3 weeks left at work and next week is a 4 day week, woop! I'm more than ready to finish now but I know the longer I'm at work the more time I've got off with the baby after. At the moment all I want to do is stay at home, clean and bake - I think I may be nesting.


We had our final NCT class yesterday, I can't believe all 4 sessions are done already. I would strongly recommend them and already we both feel like we've got this little local support network around us. Yes we've got family and friends but it's nice to have people going through the exact same things as you at the same time.

I didn't publish our meal plan on here last week but it pretty much fell apart. It resulted in a chippy tea on Thursday, Chinese on Friday and Pizza on Saturday. We aren't usually this bad with eating but between long days at work, my appetite out of whack and crazy hormones the meal plan was soon forgotten about.

This week we need to get back on track, baby needs veg and I need food to give me energy. Our meal planning now is getting very repetitive but it's more about what's quick, easy and nutritious. I am planning to make some time to batch cook a few meals in single portions to freeze for after the baby is born so any good freezer meal ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This week:

Monday - Pork, rice and veg
Tuesday - I'm catching up with a friend so it's steak and salad for Mr T
Wednesday - Beef Casserole (need to keep my iron levels up!)
Thursday - It's my birthday so it may be pizza or Mr T might cook; I'm leaving it up to him!
Friday - Chicken and Spinach Bake
Saturday - we are off to Blackhouse for their 50% off January sale, yum yum!
Sunday - I'm on a cake date with some friends so dinner may be burgers when I get back or spag bol

Have a great week! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Eeep another pregnant blogger :) I'm 33 weeks and finishing work this week for maternity leave... It sounds a busy week for you - I hope you have a great birthday! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! I've still got another 2.5 weeks to go!

      Hope you have a great week too xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy week. :) Great meal plan for one though... Enjoy your cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely, hope you have a great week too! xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your NCT classes - NCT has changed my life and I'd recommend volunteering for your local branch! (https://newyearnewblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/my-nct-story-mynctstory/) wonder if my children would eat chicken and spinach bake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I never thought of that - I'll look into it!

      The kids might eat it - it's a layer of spinach topped with chicken and mushrooms that have been cooked in creme fraiche with gruyere cheese sprinkled on top before baking.

      Delete