Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 04, 2016

Meal Planning Monday, the first of 2016!


Mr T is back on the low carb bandwagon and seeing as all I have craved this pregnancy is white carbs it means meal planning is proving rather difficult. I may join him in it after the baby is born but for now it's more about finding a nice balance and trying to cook meals we can both enjoy without making the other person miserable by feeling like they are missing out.

So here we go:

Monday - Chicken curry which I made in advance. We have a birthing class at the hospital at 7pm so this can be warmed up individually when we get in from work before heading out again at 6:15pm.

Tuesday - Spag Bol (with courgetti for him)

Wednesday -  Salt and Pepper Chicken with rice/cauliflower rice for Mr T

Thursday - Sausage Casserole

Friday -  Panner Curry (rice for me, extra veg for him)

I have yet to plan the weekend but I'll be getting a food shop delivered on Saturday so I'll sort that later in the week. I'm really missing going to Aldi but our nearest is close to work (about 25mins away) and I tended to go on my way home on a Friday. Now I struggle with bending and heavy lifting I just can't manage a food shop by myself and time is not on our side to go on a weekend. It's going to be Asda deliveries from now until March I think!

It's Sunday morning as I type this up and personally I'm dreading the 6:30am alarm going off tomorrow. On a plus it's only 6 more weeks until I finish for maternity leave woop!

I hope you have a great week whether it's back to work/school or have you something more exciting planned?





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Everything sounds so good! I do like the sound of the Salt and Pepper Chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim, I just use a jar of salt and pepper seasoning I got from the chinese supermarket. Hope first day back goes well for the girls x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of salt and pepper chicken too. Low carbing has been a no for me since having Harry because I just feel like I need the energy for breastfeeding. I also feel like I frequently need cake but that's another matter entirely! Have a good week and enjoy your birthing class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we always need cake (hence the name of the blog!) x

      Delete
  3. I tried a low carb diet after the birth of my daughter but it didn't really help me (probably because I'm a massive pasta addict!). I do like the sound of the salt and pepper chicken! #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pasta too. I tried it before the wedding and was miserable but if I've a lot of baby weight to shift it might be worth a try ;)

      Delete
  4. Your plan sounds fab, I am 28 weeks and totally into carbs, I could eat pasta all day long #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has been my pregnancy addiction, I just adore pasta in all forms - yum! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well x

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued about courgetti, I keep reading about it - there's no way my husband would eat it, but I could be tempted.... Thanks for joining in as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, I'm not keen - I love my carbs too much but the Mr really likes it. Give it a go, your hubby might surprise you x

      Delete