Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - September 01, 2014


I feel now it’s a new month and the craziness of the summer has been and gone it’s time to get back into meal planning. I’m someone who thrives on routine and I love nothing better than planning our meals for the week.  I can be a bit of a control freak but it really helps me knowing that after a long day at work I know what we are having for tea and I don’t have to stare at the fridge for ages willing it to inspire me.


Also, on a food related note – how cheap is Aldi? I’m setting myself up little tasks to drive to places by myself that I’ve never been before. Our nearest Aldi is about 25mins away and usually I buy a delivery pass (£15 for 3 months) and get our shopping delivered from Asda but people keep going on about it and I decided to give it a go. Now, I still can’t park very well so I set off early so I could find a space without much difficultly and managed to get the car parked reasonably straight – success! I was really impressed by Aldi, yes it’s basic and much smaller than all the big superstore but apart from wanting a certain brand of tea and coffee I got everything on my shopping list and more. A few store cupboard things I knew I would need over the month I stocked up on and I got us a few treats too including some nice steak for tea that evening. Everything was about 20-30p cheaper than Asda and so far I’m impressed with the quality. I’ll carry on using Asda at the moment cos I’ve got my delivery pass to use up but I think Aldi will become our new place to shop and I can bob in on the way home from work.

So – meal plan!

Monday – we got a special deal on a Gusto box so I’m having the Pork tagliatelle and Mr T is having the Chicken Cashew Nut Stirfry
Tuesday – Chilli and rice
Wednesday – Spicy pork and rice
Thursday – Homemade burgers (Gusto Box)
Friday – I'm possibly out with work and Mr T will probably have takeaway or chicken that’s in the freezer
Saturday – Curry! Time to dig out the Rick Stein book and see what’s in there
Sunday – I’m at cake club so it will be a light dinner when we get back – no idea yet…

Have a great week everyone!

I'll be linking this over at Mrs M's, make sure you pop by and see what everyone else is up to.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments