Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - September 15, 2014



Monday again! Apologies for the lack of meal plan last week but I ended up off work on Monday with a stomach bug and I didn’t feel in much of a foodie meal for the following couple of days.

But, today is a new day and a new week! The drive to work wasn’t too pleasant as traffic was horrendous! My usual 30min drive turned into 50mins of crawling in traffic. I still get really nervous making the car creep along at a slow speed especially uphill so I found it a real challenge.

This week looks like a quiet one for us so hopefully we will easily stick to the meal plan. I was organised and made the tagine for tonight’s tea last night so it means we can both heat ours up when we get in tonight. Mr T is off to the pool for some diving thing and I want to go for a run so it’s one less stress knowing that dinner is waiting for us. 

We have been looking at investing in a slow cooker now the dark nights are drawing in but I’m a bit stuck on what to buy. Any recommendations on one that’s good for two people? So far any we have seen are big enough to feed a family but we don’t need one that size. The thought of a lovely stew or curry waiting for us when we come in from work is very appealing!

Monday – Lamb, pear and chickpea tagine (I use Lorraine Pascal’s recipe from Home Cooking Made Easy)
Tuesday – Pork and Prosciutto from Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals
Wednesday – Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
Thursday – Paneer Curry (love the recipe from Rick Stein’s India)
Friday – Lamb chops, rice and veg
Saturday – Takeaway
Sunday – Roast Pork

Have a great week!


As always I''ll be linking up over at Mrs M's - make sure you check it out!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments