Lemon Curd Bundt

By A Wee Bit of Cake - August 28, 2014



Before I talk about this cake we need to talk about last night’s GBBO – oh my god! It really was one of those episodes that will go down in bakeoff history. My biggest issue is why was the ice-cream taken out of the freezer without telling Iain? I just don’t get that – all someone had to do was say to him it needed moving or is the speculator in me wondering did the editors purposefully leave something out of the scene to add some spin??

It really feels like custardgate all over again! I’m really looking forward to watching An Extra Slice now, hopefully we will hear the full true version of events rather than what was shown on tv. I was initially feeling hot headed and blaming Diana when it happened but there is more than one person in that tent, there has to be more too it. Also all the negative tweets towards her are just mean, I just  can’t help but feel there is more to it than what we saw on screen…

But anyway – Lemon Curd Bundt that looks like a fried egg! I made this cake a few weeks ago on a rainy Sunday that called for staying in my PJs and baking all day. The initial idea was to have lemon curd running through the middle of the sponge but it dissolved in the oven giving a very zingy flavour sponge. This recipe was as a bit of make it up as you go along type thing and I know I could explore it further before posting it on here but ah well, it tastes good and we all like to share the cakey love.


Lemon Curd Bundt
225g SR flour
225g caster sugar
225g stork
4 eggs
3 lemons
Lemon curd

  • Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)

  • Grease and flour the bundt tin

  • Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy

  • Grate in the zest of the 3 lemons

  • Add a few tablespoons of flour to prevent curdling then whisk in the eggs before adding in the remaining flour.

  • Pour half the mix in the tin and drizzle a few tablespoons of lemon curd over the top then adding the remaining mixture.

  • Place in the oven for around 50mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

  • Leave in the tin for 30mins then carefully tip the cake onto a wire rack to cool.

To decorate
200g icing sugar
Juice from 2-3 lemons
Lemon curd

  • Add the juice of the lemons a bit at a time to the icing sugar and mix well until you have a thick but pourable consistency.

  • Pour over the cake allowing the icing to fall down the sides.

  • Place a few tablespoons of lemon curd in the centre of the budnt.
Enjoy!

(PS. I'm hoping Mr T gets the hint with all my bundt making that he can get me a proper one for Christmas. My cheapy imitation is already showing signs of wear, booo!)


the lemon curd got lost somewhere in the sponge...



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments