Snap, Crackle and Pop

By A Wee Bit of Cake - November 10, 2013


It feels like I haven't blogged about a CCC event in ages! I have just published the write-up on the CCC website so decided to share it on here too but in a wee bit more detail.

Wednesday 6th November, a dark and stormy night, saw the ladies from the Wharfedale CCC meet at the Cow and Calf pub on Ilkley Moor for our Snap, Crackle and Pop event. I had a bit of a nightmare getting there cos my bus was late - one day the X84 will be reliable - so by the time the bus arrived I had been stood in the dark and cold for 20mins and then had to stand for most of the bus journey too on a packed bus while balancing a cake. At times like this I can't wait til I pass my test and have my own car!


Thankfully my cake buddy in crime and co-organiser Kathryn had been on the phone to me and said the pub had the fire lit which I was very happy to hear! Eventually I arrived at the Cow and Calf and was so glad to sit down with a cup of tea! 

With the fire blazing and the rain pouring outside we gathered together to enjoy some tea (or wine!) and cake. Some of our regular members were there along with three new members and we all tucked into the cake available with gusto. The hot caramel sauce was also a welcome addition to have with the cakes. I can't remember who said they made the sauce but it was so moreish!

Diane kindly brought some indoor sparklers to light and place on her cake which was a perfect way to start off the evening. It took us a while to figure out how to light them but it was a great way to start the event off! 

A lot of us went down the apple route with our cakes for the evening but they all looked and tasted so different.

I really enjoyed Wednesday's event and I haven't laughed that much in a long time but we had a nice number there, it was easy to talk to everyone and all in all it was just a lovely night. If you haven't been before and live local to Otley/Ilkley please come along to one of our events, we really are a friendly bunch or check out your local club. Joining the CCC is one of the best things I've done!



PS. Thanks to Kathryn for letting me use her photos!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments