The Bank Holiday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 28, 2013

Hi everyone!

Did you all have a nice bank holiday? Ours was pretty chilled out but busy at the same time. I only did a wee bit of baking and it was nice to switch off from everything for a few days.

Saturday we went into town to visit Dunelm Mill cos they had a sale on. They had some right bargains and I had to be restrained. I did get a new clock for the bedroom, some tea, coffee and sugar jars and some new cake tins.I hadn't been there before and I could easily have spent way more money if I had had it to spend.

Sunday was a trip to Scarborough cos the weather was so nice and it was lovely. I grew up near the coast and now living in Leeds that's so far inland I really miss seeing the sea. We had fish and chips as Himself insists we always have them when we go to the coast. Growing up in Ireland we were lucky if there was a loo near the beach never mind a chippy so I am used to bring a disposable BBQ and having that on the beach instead. The only downside was getting sunburnt. Even though I have dark hair I am really fair skinned (it's the Irish in me!) so I always burn really easily even though it wasn't that hot.

Yesterday was a trip to the park with His nephews and then pizza for tea so all in all a great weekend.

Ok enough of my rambles! Here are a few photos from the weekend.

Bargain clock - love it!
New cake tins, were £9.99 now £4.99
Some pretty storage jars to match the kitchen
Scarborough - glorious weather
Beach huts, I'll never tire of seeing these. So adorable!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments