Chocolate Mini Cakes

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 04, 2013

Apologies for the lack of blogging over the past week but life has just gotten in the way. Work has been busy as always, then last weekend we went bridesmaid dress shopping (one of my friends is getting married in December) and then me and Himself went to see Jimmy Carr on Sunday evening. The sun has been glorious these past few days so instead of blogging on my lunch hour like I usually do I have been sat out in the car park on the grassy patch enjoying the sunshine while it lasts.

I am busting to get baking too and thankfully the end of this week is going to be very busy cake-wise. My friend Rhianne from For the Easily Distracted has asked me to make her Dad a birthday cake for the weekend so I am making an Eton Mess cake. Can't wait to make it and I'll post the recipe on here next week for you all to read.

Anyway... one cake I keep forgetting to share with you is these wee heart shaped mini cakes that I made a few weeks ago. They are so easy and adorable and you could make them any shape you want.

I decided to make these mini cakes rather than cupcakes because sometimes I find cupcakes a little too icing heavy while these had a nice ratio or cake to buttercream.

I used my chocolate cake recipe but baked it as a large one layer sheet cake using my Silverwood Multisize Pan. Honestly it's brilliant and well worth investing in, I have had mine for a few years now and love it. The cake took about 25mins to cook and once cooled I cut out the shapes using a heart shapped cutter, sliced them in half and sandwiched together with some buttercream. To make the strawberry buttercream (you can find the recipe here) I subsituted the cocoa for strawberry milkshake powder.

Decorate with some chocolate covered strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar for a pretty little cakey treat.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments