Exquisite Handmade Cakes

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 09, 2013

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be invited to a ladies only networking event through work. It was all about cake so of course I jumped at the chance when our Company Secretary asked me if I wanted to go with her. I couldn't believe my luck as you all know I am cake obsessed!

Anyway so when we got to the event we were greeted by canapes and drinks and oh my, the canapes were amazing!!! Heaven in a little bite :) There were also cake samples to try, I really enjoyed the lemon one. The lady giving the talk, Viv, from Exquisite Handmade Cakes was a former accountant who ended up taking over a bakery that she worked for. I won't go into the whole story (which is very interesting) but you can read more about it here.

I found the talk really inspiring especially when she spoke about grasping an opportunity. You don't know what's around the corner so it's important to enjoy life and if an opportunity presents itself then grasp it with both hands and give it your all. It doesn't matter how bad life might seem at times there is always a light at then end of the tunnel.

Thanks to Viv from Exquisite Handmade Cakes for such a motivational talk, it was fabulous.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments