The Me and Mine Project - January 2018

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 01, 2018

And just like that January is over. For many people it's a month that drags but for us it's whizzed by fairly quickly. The first week of 2018 I was still fighting a nasty chest infection and once I was over that all thoughts turned to our 20 week scan which was taking place on the 20th January.

It was such an anxious time for us but thankfully all was ok. In the lead up to the scan people kept asking us if we were hoping for a girl this time after having a boy last time and I even had comments such as "well I'm guessing you will want a girl this time, you don't want another boy" which really got my back up. All we wanted was a healthy child and so many seem to forget that the 20 week scan is about making sure the baby is ok. Finding out the gender is just an added bonus.

And from that we found out we are having another blue one and couldn't be more excited! When the sonographer said it was a boy it just felt right, like it was meant to be.

I have 3 brothers and Tom has 2 brothers so it was no surprise at all to find out we are having a second boy and I cannot wait. Ethan has a little partner in crime, I get to experience life as a mum of boys (something tells me it will be very similar to my childhood!) and more importantly, we have another healthy baby on the way.

So, for this month's photos not only did I want to share a family photo but also a photo of my "boys."

Roll on June, I cannot wait for our little family to grow.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments