Blueberry Pancakes

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 09, 2018


I adore pancakes. They are my favourite breakfast and with Shrove Tuesday coming up I though it would be the perfect time to share this very easy recipe with you all.

It's originally from the BBC Good Food website (my go to website for all recipes!) but I've had a little fiddle with it and I think I now have a recipe for wonderful light and fluffy pancakes with the added addition of some scrummy blueberries.

It's so easy to make that I find myself making these most weekends. I've also discovered frozen fruit works just as well which is an added bonus as fresh berries are just a tad expensive at this time of year.

Blueberry Pancakes
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g caster sugar
egg
250ml milk
25g butter
150g pack blueberries
sunflower oil
golden or maple syrup

Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. 
Beat the egg with the milk and whisk with the dry ingredients to make a thick smooth batter.
Beat in the melted butter and gently stir in half the blueberries.
Heat some oil in a large non-stick frying pan. 
Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter into the pan.
Cook over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and fry for another 2-3 minutes until golden. 
Once you have cooked up your bowl of batter serve with golden syrup and the remaining blueberries.

Enjoy!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments