Crunchie Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 19, 2018


Every time I make a new batch of brownies I think "yes, this is it. These are the best brownies ever." It all started with the simple Chocolate Brownie, then I discovered Salted Caramel Brownies and from that point on no others could compete. Salted Caramel held the crown for a long time (Creme Egg and Cookie Dough did come quite close) until I stumbled across some Malteser spread in Asda one day and suddenly Salted Caramel was relegated to second place. I was adamant at that point I had created the best brownies ever until I noticed a jar of Cruchie spread. I wasn't sure if it would work - honeycomb is sweet anyway never mind mixing it with a tray of chocolate fuelled indulgence. But, it worked and it was blooming amazing!

Now I am in a quandry as to which brownies are the best and to be honest I really dont know. They are all amazing in their own right but what I have learned is how adaptable that little square of fudgey chocolatey goodness can be.

I don't need to ramble any more than that, I'll let the photos and recipe do the talking. All I will say is - you need to make these sharpish!


Cruchie Brownies

250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
3 eggs
50g SR flour
1 jar of Crunchie spread
3 bars of Crunchie, chopped

  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water
  • Whisk the sugar and eggs until doubled in volume
  • Fold in the melted chocolate and butter mix
  • Fold in the flour
  • Pour the mixture into the tin
  • Place in the oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until crackly on top with a slight wobble
  • Leave to cool for 10 minutes
  • Warm the Crunchie spread in the microwave for 20 seconds so it is at a pourable consistency
  • Pour over the tray of brownies
  • Scatter across the chopped Crunchie pieces
  • Place in the fridge for a few hours to fully cool and firm up
Enjoy!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments