The Weekend Post #1 2018

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 08, 2018

It's been a while since I blogged, the break was partly intentional but also due to the fact that I have spent the majority of the Christmas holidays battling a very nasty chest infection. At first I thought it was just a cold but as each day wore on I got worse and worse which resulted in a trip to the out of hours GP on New Year's Eve and thankfully he was able to give me a course of antibiotics.

I can honestly say I have never been so ill before but thankfully after a week of going no further than my bed to the sofa the antibiotics kicked in and I'm now feeling almost back to my normal self.

I felt so ill over the holidays that I didn't want to blog or vlog but I woke up yesterday morning feeling better than I had in ages and decided I would do a little weekend post and make some memories. It's been nothing fancy, just some much needed quality family time but one of those weekends that I'll remember for a while.


Saturday started off lazy and slow with blueberry pancakes for breakfast and an Asda delivery as the cupboards were looking quite bare.



A certain little person wanted to "help" Mama unload the shopping meaning it took twice as long...


We spent the afternoon in Leeds city centre sorting out the issue of my vlogging camera that kept breaking and my darling husband treated me to the G7X as an early birthday present. I am a very lucky girl! We also took a trip to Reds for lunch as it's Tom's favourite place to eat when we are in town. For anyone visiting with little ones it's surprisingly family friendly.





Sunday saw another slow start especially as Ethan decided 5:45am was the perfect time to start the day. We attempted to snooze in bed with him while he watched CBeebies but he preferred smacking us in the face with his plastic cup until I caved and brought him downstairs. Once again I made us all blueberry pancakes (could this be a pregnancy craving?) and we spent the morning pottering about the house.


We took a trip into Otley as Tom wanted to take Ethan to the little toy shop to spend some of his Christmas money. He fell asleep on the way so we opted for a cheeky Costa in peace and then decided to go for a pub lunch. We don't usually eat out twice in one weekend but you only live once right?




With full bellies we made our way to Toy Town and Tom spotted a train set that he had been wanting to get Ethan for ages. It was £110 online but they were selling it for £69.99 and when we got to the till it had been reduced again to £49.99 - bargain! I do wonder though was it more for Tom than Ethan...




We headed home and the boys spent the afternoon playing with the new train set while I typed up this post. Tom has just taken Ethan up for bath and bed and once he's finished we are going to tuck into some gammon, eggs and sweet potato fries for tea before I tackle the giant basket of ironing.

It's been a lovely weekend, not too boring and not too busy. I'm hoping next weekend to vlog it all on the new camera.

Have a good week!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments