Sticky Toffee Bundt

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 03, 2016

Have you ever had a cake baking in the oven whose smell envelops the whole house making you want to open the oven door and dive head first in to it?

Well I had that exact thing happen (ok I didn’t dive into the oven but both myself and Mr T wanted to) when I made this Sticky Toffee Bundt by Dollybakes. I adore anything toffee/caramel flavoured and this cake ticked so many boxes from flavour to texture and of course smell!

Whenever I want to make a bundt I often check out Dollybakes site first. I do enjoy creating my own recipes but when you just want cake and don’t want to run the risk of a cake wreck it’s handy to have a reliable recipe to turn to. I changed the icing but left the recipe for the sponge as it is.

I’m already thinking I might make this for my baby shower at the weekend. There is minimal fuss involved which is very useful for me in my 8/9 month pregnancy state. These days I am not baking nearly as often as I used to and anything that involves a lot of decorating just doesn’t happen.


Sticky Toffee Bundt
150g chopped dates
225g butter
450g light muscovado sugar
4 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
375g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp groung ginger
3 tbsp black treacle
250ml toffee yoghurt
  • Chop the dates and soak in boiling water for around 1 hour
  • Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)
  • Grease and flour your chosen bundt tin
  • Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
  • Add a tablespoon of flour to prevent curdling then add the eggs and vanilla extract
  • In a separate bowl mix the flour, bicarb, salt and ginger
  • Add some of this to the cake mixture followed by yoghurt mixing well between each addition. Repeat until at the ingredients are combined.
  • Stir in the black treacle and dates
  • Pour into the bundt tin
  • Bake in the oven for around 1hour/1hour 10mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean
  • Leave to cool in the tin for 30mins before tipping onto a wire rack to cool

To decorate
150g icing sugar
A few tbsp warm water
A few tbsp caramel
  • Mix the icing sugar with the water until thick but still pourable
  • Pour over the cake
  • Drizzle over the caramel
Enjoy!








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This cake looks absolutely scrumptious and I will make it for my hubby, who will love me even more - sticky toffee pud being his favourite. I hope that the rest of you pregnancy goes really well. Sammie 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and it was absolutely delicious, thanks!

    ReplyDelete