Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 01, 2016

It’s Monday, it’s the 1st Feb, I’ve 2 weeks left at work and I can officially say our baby will be born this month eep!

Last week we pretty much stuck to our meal plan woop! The unknown plans for my birthday turned out to be going out for a yummy meal at our local Italian in Otley, Buon Apps. Then on Saturday we went to Blackhouse in Leeds for our annual tradition of taking advantage of their 50% off January sale. I was sad I couldn’t have the steak as that is what they are famous for but I believe you cook food right or not at all and well done steak is all kinds of wrong in my book. I did have the apple tart for pud and oh my, it was delicious! Usually I’m disappointed in restaurant desserts as often they are bought in but this was freshly made and so good – crisp pastry, apple puree, sliced crispy apple on top and drizzled with salted caramel. It was heaven on a plate!

Yesterday I went to Mama Doreen’s in Harrogate for Afternoon Tea with the girls. I’m going to do a separate post on it but it’s actually up there with the best and I’ve been for a lot of Afternoon Teas! I strongly recommend you local folks visit.

So this week….

Monday – Spag Bol
Tuesday – Beef Casserole
Wednesday – nipping in to see my nephew for his birthday on my way home from work. I might eat there or grab something on the way back
Thursday – Homemade fish and chips (using up some reduced cod Mr T got in Sainsburys the other week)
Friday – my parents are here so thinking of making pie, either cottage or sausage…
Saturday – Out for curry with the parents and some friends
Sunday – Going to make a nice roast before dropping Mum and Dad at the airport

As always I’m linking over with Mrs M – have a great week!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments