Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 15, 2016

Monday, we are halfway through February and maternity leave has officially started – errr how did that happen??

At the moment I feel like I’ve got the treat of a Monday off work, it doesn’t feel like I won’t be going back for 10 months. I’ve had a productive morning so far as Mother Nature has decided that sleeping past 6am is for losers and it’s the best time to get up (please note the sarcasm). I stayed in bed until 7am but gave in, got up and since then I’ve vacuumed, mopped the kitchen floor, made a bit pot of Bolognese for the freezer, tidied up a bit, looked into what phone upgrade I can get, phoned the dentist and now I’ve sat down to type up this post and it’s not even 10am yet.

Doing this week’s meal plan was fun as for once I didn’t have to think about what was quick and easy to have after work or what would provide leftovers for lunch the following day. I can actually have a proper oven baked jacket potato for lunch or make a casserole that doesn’t involve advanced planning. Saying that I found it really hard to come up with meals as I’m so used to planning for a working week.

I’ll be very surprised if bubs arrives this week but I’ve decided as off next week I won’t do a big shop or a meal plan, I’ll take each day as it comes as I don’t want to fill the fridge and be left with a load of food waste.

This week…

Monday – Lasagne
Tuesday – Pork Chop Arrabiata (Mary Berry Cooks the Perfect…)
Wednesday – Squash and Spinach Pasta (Save With Jamie)
Thursday – Beef Stew
Friday – Burgers
Saturday – Chilli (Nigella’s Kitchen)
Sunday – no idea, winging it haha!

So that’s this week, maybe bubs will arrive early and I won’t write another one of these for weeks but knowing my luck I’ll still be here next Monday!

Have a great week everyone!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It sounds like you have been so productive this morning! Go you!
    Great meal plan & good luck if the baby decides to arrive early x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad i'm not the only one who wings the weekends. ;) Well done on the productive morning. Ray x

    ReplyDelete