Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 05, 2015



Happy New Year you lovely lot!

I did debate about doing a resolution post but then decided; I never stick to them so what’s the point. I’m a strong believer in making changes when they are needed not just when it’s the start of a new year.

2015 is a big cause for excitement for me anyway as Mr T and I are getting married this year! Less than 7 months to go so I can now officially become bridezilla! (only joking, if I do turn in to one, please slap me!)

I also started my new job last Friday, it was a gentle introduction before it starts properly tomorrow. I’m excited and terrified all at the same time. Leaving somewhere after 6 years is pretty crazy but I’ve a good feeling about it all so fingers crossed it’s onwards and upwards!

Anyway, first meal plan of 2015. I didn’t over indulge too much over Christmas but I am glad to get back into a routine and to be eating properly. I often feel like if my meal planning is in order, everything else over the week falls in to place. I took a trip to my local butcher on Saturday and got some shin and marrow bone to make a chilli from Jamie Oliver’s Save With Jamie and I never realised how cheap it is. £6 for a kilo and this recipe has made an enormous pot of chilli. I’m going to nip to asda after work tomorrow to get some foil dishes to freeze some of it as I have a feeling this chilli will last us a long time!

So, meal plan! Here we go:

Monday: Chilli
Tuesday: Sausage stew
Wednesday: Fish Pie
Thursday: Lamb, Swede and Feta Bake (a Good Food magazine recipe)
Friday: Burgers
Saturday: no idea, I like keeping Saturdays free
Sunday: Roast

As usual I’m linking up over at Mrs M’s. Have a great week!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Ohh it does sound very exciting for you this year!! Good luck with the new job!!
    I do like the sound of the Lamb, Swede and Feta Bake....
    Great meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim,

      going to need to get more feta now, found someone (Mr T) has been snacking on it ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the new job and impending nuptials - a big year for you! I love a nice fish pie, haven't had one for ages though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely,

      I'll try and blog the recipe, it's so good and easy!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Love Fish Pie. Sounds a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy...also just noticed the Clandestine Cake Club tab - I was at uni in Leeds and definitely heard tell of that club, what a great idea. Hope everything goes well tomorrow, have a great week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alice :)

      CCC is great, one of the best things to come out of leeds haha!

      Delete
  5. You're allowed to be a Bridezilla, it's the rules. It happens to us all, enjoy it :p Thanks for joining in, the lamb, swede and feta bake sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete