Fodder Afternoon Tea

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 13, 2015

Just before Christmas I had a little catchup with 2 of my friends and we decided to go for afternoon tea.

After asking around on Twitter (who needs Google when you have Twitter?), Fodder got in touch and told me about their afternoon tea. Usually it's a package for 2 people but they kindly did one for us for 3 at the bargain price of £14 each!

Now you all know I love Betty's and if I'm honest it is my favourite place to go but I just couldn't justify spending £28 on an afternoon tea. Yes I know it's amazing but I also love to try new places too.

For £14 per person I was seriously impressed with what we got - 2 types of sandwiches, some savoury pastries and a selection of desserts. It was all so yummy apart from the brownie/biscuit. I can't stand nuts and this definitley had something nutty in it. The bread was lovely and fresh, the pastries were so light and the scones were divine. I would have loved a bigger scone but seeing as we couldn't finish the meal I'm just being greedy wishing for one!


We also got plenty of tea and a pot of hot water too to top up the tea pot. It's always a winner for me when you get that pot of hot water, I do like to stretch my tea as far as it can go.

After stuffing our faces (and we still left a bit) and having a good old gossip we allowed the food to settle before wandering round the shop that is attached to Fodder. We didn't buy anthing but I was impressed with the prices and quality of food on offer. Yes, it is more expensive than shopping at the Big 4 but I though the meat and veg were cheaper that what I would pay at Otley Farmer's Market.

Next time you are in Harrogate I would strongly reccomend that you visit Fodder. It's a bit out of the way and you do need a car to get there but it's such great value and the food is really good.

Thanks Fodder for a lovely afternoon, we will be back again.




So it's my birthday at the end of January and I'm on the lookout for somewhere new to try for afternoon tea. Let me know if you have any suggestions...
 

*I was not asked to write this review nor was I paid. These are my own thoughts and opinions.*

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. If you do like nuts the brownie is delicious :) but the surprise winner for me was the lemon syllabub, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I'm planning a trip into Harrogate soon, so this will definitely be on my radar if I can convince the Mr we need an afternoon tea ;-)

    Rachel x
    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete