The Cake and Bake Show Manchester

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 09, 2013

After my previous and extremely long post about the Clandestine Cake Club competition at the Cake and Bake Show I am sticking with the trend and here is another long post about the show itself. If you can't be bothered with my ramblings just scroll down and look at the pics instead.

So.... after we had left my cake at the CCC stand the show had just opened so we started wandering round the different stalls. Honestly there were so many I didn't know which way to turn. Lots of places were giving out free samples so I tried some pizza, the most amazing steak and cheese pie from the New Zealand Gourmet Pie Company and heavenly marshmallows from The Marshmallowists. I think I will have to order from both these companies soon. We meant to go back and get pie for lunch but the queue was mental and then I forgot to go get the marshmallows which I was so dissapointed about. The Raspberry and Champagne flavour was divine!

We also saw so many amazing works of art in the sugarcraft flowers and decorated cakes but I am going to save those photos for the next post cos there are so many that I want to share with you.

As for buying cake/bake related goods well the options were endless! I found the cheapest place was the Wilton cake craft stand (well I think that's what it was called) and I got some lovely little goodies. I haven't even photographed those cos I have been so busy these past couple of days all the stuff I bought is still in carrier bags in the living room! Need to go through it this evening after cake club.

There were lots of star speakers too from Eric Lanlard, Mitch Turner, Peter Sidwell, Loads of GBBO contestants and honestly the list just goes on and on. They were all doing lots of demonstrations which we got glimpses of while walking round the show. It was like celeb baking heaven!

You know what? I've nattered on enough here so I'll just let the photos do the talking.

Eric Lanlard

Mich Turner


Peter Sidwell




This is amazing!

Marshmallows!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments