Headingley CCC

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 22, 2013

Hello there!

Apologies for the lack of blog posts last week but life just got in the way and I didnt have a chance to write anything.

Anyway, one of the things I had intended to blog about was the Headingley Clandestine Cake Club event that took place almost two weeks ago now (time really does fly!). It was held at Sebby's Deli in Headingley and if you haven't been before you should really go. It's such a cute wee place, I really need to visit it more often. Helen, the owner, is also a fellow CCC member and organiser so Sebby's was an ideal venue for the event.

Such a lovely venue!

The theme was "Favourite Flours" which could have been interpreted any way - flours or flowers? I decided to make a chocolate and rose cake. I used my trusty old choc cake recipe and added some rosewater to the buttercream icing.

All the cakes were amazing but the one I was most impressed by was made by a young girl, no older than 10/11. I was so amazed to see such cakey talent at such a young age.

It was such a lovely evening and a great way to wind down after a busy day at work.

All the amazing cakes


Its so girly, love it!

Love the design of this wee carrot cake

The cake I made, got slightly battered in transit - buses and cake don't mix!

Choc and ginger cake, yum!

Stunning bundt cake - I really need to have a go at this!

Cake made by the young girl - told you it was really good!
Now all these cakey photos are making me want cake but that will have to wait til tomorrow!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments