This weekend...

By A Wee Bit of Cake - March 24, 2013

I was going to post something cakey but then I thought I should really tell you about my weekend. It has snowed a fair bit although not as much as back in Belfast where some friends posted photos on Facebook of cars quite literally buried in snow - mental!

Anyway - as it snowed we decided to go for a wee walk round Fewston Reservoir that's a few miles outside Otley. It was so picturesque driving up there and there were some massive snow drifts. All I can say is thank goodness Himself is car obsessed so we have winter tyres. By now he has usually swapped back to summer tyres but its been so cold this March that he has kept them on. I was so glad of it this weekend especially as it is so hilly were we are.

I will let my photos do the talking for what it was like up at Fewston.






 The walk was really lovely but by the end of it I was tired, grumpy and very cold (tired, cold and hungry don't make for a happy Clare). We stopped off at a local pub on the way back for a late lunch and I had the most amazing lasagne - it was made with pulled pork, yum!!!

I also squeezed in a wee bit of baking this weekend too. I had a go at making Paul Hollywood's teacakes from his How to Bake book and they were very nice although next time I think I need to roll them flatter before baking. They look more like scones than teacakes!


I also made us Pavlova for pudding this evening and I keep telling myself that the mountain of fruit on it makes it healthy (I'm ignoring the mountain of cream underneath the fruit!). I used Mary Berry's recipe from her Baking Bible and it's the best meringue ever - crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.


Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'm off to clean the rabbit's cage, have a shower and get myself sorted for work tomorrow. At least its a 4 day week :)


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lovely Clare. I will have some please... xxx

    ReplyDelete