The Me and Mine Project - October 2017

By A Wee Bit of Cake - November 02, 2017

Ummmm can someone please tell me how it's now November? I swear I only just wrote October's Me and Mine Post and now I'm sat here writing out another one.


I had all these grand ideas that I would take some lovely family photos at the Pumpkin Patch that we went to at Birchfield Farm near Harrogate but then I didn't anticipate the mud and then I had forgot to put the memory card back in the camera. I was all set to snap some nice photos when the camera wouldn't click. I glanced at the screen to discover there was no memory card detected. All the hassle of taking the big camera and setting it up to find I couldn't use it. Mama fail!

Instead I snapped a few nice photos on my phone and a not so flattering family selfie taken in the back on a bumpy tractor. One of these days I'll master a good selfie - right?


This month:
I was working away in London for a couple of days
Ethan upgraded from a Gro Bag to a toddler duvet and pillow
Ethan and I enjoyed a weekend away back in Ireland for my mum's 60th Birthday
Tom took advantage of said weekend away to tackle the task of painting the stairs and hallway
My bestie came over for an evening catchup and to indulge in the Bake Off semi-final
We finally paid a visit to the Square and Compass for a delicious Saturday lunch
Tom enjoyed a week off work for half term
Tom and Ethan spent some father-son time together during half term including a trip to the Air Museum
I made our nephew a Bradford City cake and we enjoyed a family tea to celebrate his birthday
We took a trip to the pumpkin patch at Birchfield Farm to get Ethan his first pumpkin
Ethan missed the memo on the clocks changing resulting in a few 5am starts
We went out for a midweek curry to the best curry house in Leeds
Ethan loved all the Trick or Treaters coming to visit

Gosh, October was a lot busier than expected. November sees me working down in London (again!), two weekends with friends and hopefully making a dent in the Christmas shopping.



Make sure you check out Lucy's blog for all of the other Me and Mine families.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh these are so cute and so much to celebrate in October as a family especially with pumpkin patches and halloween. #meandmineproject

    ReplyDelete