Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 21, 2017


I don't know about you lot but I love a good cheesecake. Baked or fridge set, I'm not fussy. With a melt in the mouth filling coupled with a crunchy biscuit base, it's usually my dessert of choice when we dine out.

A few weeks back I was watching Mary Berry's new TV show and she made a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. Yes, I know raspberries aren't in season yet so they don't taste as good at the moment but I really wanted to make it for pudding for Sunday lunch that weekend.

I'm trying to get in to the habit of making a nice dessert once a fortnight to have on a weekend, something that encourages me to get out the baking books and try something new. Brownies are always my go to bake and as much as everyone loves them I'm getting a bit fed up of them. I want to push my baking skills, perfect that pastry case and maybe even successfully make some creme patisserie that actually sets!

So anyway... recipe! This cheesecake was so easy to make, like all of Mary Berry's recipes it was a success and we all loved it. I let Ethan have a small sliver and he went mad for it. I do try and restrict his sugar intake but I would rather he eats something sweet that I have made and I know exactly what has gone in to it compared to processed rubbish full of hidden added sugars.


White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
150g digestive biscuits
75g butter, plus extra for greasing
250g mascarpone cheese
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g white chocolate, broken into chunks
400g raspberries

Grease the base of a 20cm cake tin with butter and line with baking parchment.

Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until it resembles fine crumbs but still has texture.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the biscuits and stir.

Spoon into the base of the tin and press using the back of a spoon until level, then cover and chill in the fridge.

Whisk the mascarpone and double cream in a bowl until smooth and has very soft peaks. Stir in the vanilla.

Put the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl, and place on top of a pan of simmering water until melted.

Once cool, pour into the mascarpone and stir until combined.

To make the coulis, put half the raspberries in a small blender. Blitz until runny, then pour through a sieve into a bowl to remove the seeds.

Spoon half of the white chocolate mixture over the base. Use the handle of a teaspoon to make a few narrow holes in the mixture right down to the base.

Pour or pipe the coulis into the holes, reserve some for decorating. Spoon the remaining white chocolate mixture on top, then smooth and level it.

Cover with cling film and chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.

Remove from the tin.

Arrange the remaining raspberries on top of the cheesecake and drizzle over the remaining coulis.

Enjoy!





***Recipe taken from the BBC website***

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments