A Wee Bit of Vlogging...

By A Wee Bit of Cake - April 25, 2017

Yes, you read that right, I've bitten the bullet and decided to try out vlogging. I mentioned it briefly in this blog post but I didn't elaborate on it as it's still quite a new thing.


I've been watching vloggers for a couple of years now and I've always wanted to try it out but I'm too much of a wimp. I feel like with my blog I can hide behind the keyboard a lot more but with vlogging it is pushing me out of my comfort zone and forcing me to talk to a camera.

At the moment I don't know what way I will push my channel, maybe I'll make it more family orientated and keep the blog for recipes or maybe I'll do a mix like I do on here. I've vlogged a few of our weekends but I haven't done anything baking related on it yet as I'm not sure how to approach it. Do I do those Tip Hero style ones where all you see is my hands and a mixing bowl or do I plonk the tripod in our not so attractive kitchen and show you how I bake my favourite recipes? At the moment I'm swaying towards the latter as I feel that the less polished and more real videos are more appealing to the typical YouTube subscriber. Who knows though, maybe I'll get all techy and produce some amazing recipe videos, only time will tell...

I've barely mentioned my YouTube plans to friends and family and to be honest I probably would have held back on writing this post for a little longer but when my NCT friend mentioned it to everyone on our group chat (I'm looking at you Sarah!) as she reads this blog I figured I may as well let you all in on it properly too. I guess I didn't want everyone knowing before I knew my plans and then it backfire and have to deal with the awkward "How's your YouTube channel" questions.

Please let me know what you would like to see from my videos - I'm thinking day in the life, grocery hauls, chatty topical videos and of course, some recipes.

This venture could be a disaster or a success but I'll never know until I try.

Here are a few of my videos so far, do let me know what you think. I've got cake club on Sunday so hopefully I'll be able to vlog at that and show you all how amazing the Clandestine Cake Club is.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments