The Me and Mine Project - February 2017

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 28, 2017

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like they have blinked and February is over and done with? It barely feels like any time has passed since I wrote January's Me and Mine post yet here we are ready to take part in February's.


This month has seen us find our groove with the whole work/nursery routine and I actually find I'm quite enjoying work now we are back in to the swing of things. Yes, life is very busy and suddenly all jobs are being crammed in to the weekend but we have found what works for us and settled in to a new routine.

As I've said this month was very busy with 2 first birthday parties, family coming to stay, cake club, Ethan's 12 month review with the Health Visitor and everything else in between so snapping a family photo totally slipped our minds. I planned to take one over the weekend then Ethan was poorly so this one was hastily snapped before work on Monday. As you can see Ethan is still unwell and unimpressed by having his photo taken but for me this is our real life and I know I'll look back on these photos in years to come remembering how chaotic is was juggling work and childcare with a poorly baby but somehow we managed it. A few hours after this photo was taken I got a phone call from nursery saying Ethan was still unwell so after an early finish and an evening of mummy cuddles I decided to take today off to look after him. He's on the mend but still not 100% poor thing.

I was torn up with so much mum guilt yesterday and today - do I send him in to nursery? Who should take time off work? Do I use annual leave or try and work from home? It's so hard to know what is the best thing to do but as Mr T has a mammoth amount of marking to do this week and Parent's evening tonight on top of teaching his normal lessons I decided that a day's annual leave was needed to spend with my poorly boy. Thankfully he's napped quite well so I've got a few jobs done around the house and typed up this blog post.

Roll on March which is a very exciting month for our little family as Ethan turns 1!


As always I'll be linking up over at Dear Beautiful. Make sure you pop over and  check out all of the other wonderful family photos.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is a lovely photo and like you say you will look back and be glad you took it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh what a lovely family photo. That's why I love this project gets us to snap our family as is each month to look back on no matter what. Lovely. Hope you have a wonderful month ahead. #meandmineproject

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hats off to you for juggling so much, and being so honest with it. You'll love looking back at these real moments in the future. Hope Ethan is better now!

    Rachel x
    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely, I feel it's important to be honest even though it's not always glamorous x

      Delete