Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 13, 2017

Have you all had a good weekend? Ours was really good apart from the fact it rained and it rained. So much for snow eh?


Friday night I spent baking and decorating my nephew's cake and it was lovey. I haven't sat and modelled with sugarpaste in ages so it was nice to sit at the kitchen table while watching some of my favourite vlogs and get immersed at the job in hand. My nephew Finn is obsessed with pigs so it was only fitting to bake him a "Pigs in Mud" cake. He was delighted with it when we dropped it off on Saturday and even proceeded to decorate it with more of his plastic pigs.

Saturday evening saw Mr T's nieces come to stay which was lovely. The girls live a couple of hours away and we don't get to see them all that often so this was a rare treat. Now the girls are 15 and 17 they don't need looking after in the same way, in fact they looked after Ethan, gave him his bath and he thoroughly enjoyed having entertainment on tap. Saturday evening saw us chilling out in front of the TV with a pizza which was so lovely, it felt like hanging out with friends and we both said we enjoyed getting that one on one time with the girls. No longer did we feel like we were babysitting, it was simply a lovely and relaxing evening.

Sunday was a much needed lazy day and after the girls went home we enjoyed a bit of family time, Skyped the grandparents, cooked a roast and before we knew it it was bedtime and the whole Sunday evening routine started. I had a decent night's sleep (only one wake-up woo!) so I'm feeling refreshed for the week ahead.

This week we are having:

Monday - Pulled pork cottage pie (using up leftovers)
Tuesday - Steak with asparagus and braised red cabbage
Wednesday - Chicken curry with rice
Thursday - Beef casserole and mash
Friday - no idea yet as Mr T is off this week on half term so we are heading out for the day

Next weekend sees Ethan at two birthday parties (that boy has a better social life than us!) so it might be a freezer dive or slow cooker meal but I've yet to plan it.

Have a great week!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend....
    I love the sound of the Pulled pork cottage pie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a brilliant weekend, I'd love to see a picture of the cake you made! I've just started doing these meal planning Monday posts as I've loved reading yours all these years, if you want to be nosy at what I'm eating :-)

    Rachel x

    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Rachel, I think I shared it on my Instagram but I'll make sure I blog it too. Welcome to the meal planning bandwagon, glad to hear you're as nosy as me haha x

      Delete