Chocolate Easter Fudge

By A Wee Bit of Cake - March 30, 2016

So did you all have a good Easter weekend apart from the bad weather? I'm so glad the sun shone on Friday but the rest of the time it's been pretty grim. We had my brother visiting and caught up with friends on Saturday so apart from the weather it's been a lovely weekend.


Now this is an Easter recipe and I fully intended to share it before Easter but the small matter of a little man being born scuppered those plans. I actually photographed the fudge the morning I went into labour but at the time I thought I was just having Braxton Hicks. I even baked an Easter Marble Cake but I only got as far as baking it, not decorating it so I can't share that one on here unfortunately as I never got to finish it.


What's great about this recipe is you can use up your leftover eggs or you can get creative with all those reduced Mini Eggs that the supermarkets are full of this week. I don't know about you but I can't resist them and it's really not helping with my need to shift this baby weight.

The original recipe is from the Carnation website but I decided to "Easter-ise" it (is that even a word?) with an abundance of mini eggs and creme eggs yum yum! The fudge came in very useful after we were discharged from hospital and needed endless sugar to get us through the first few days. 


If you want you can adapt this recipe to have nuts or other chocolate or sweets, it's very flexible.

Easter Fudge
400g milk chocolate (or use leftover Easter eggs)
1 x can condensed milk
25g butter
100g icing sugar sifted
Easter chocolates of your choice - mini eggs/creme eggs etc

  • Line a 20cm square cake tin with cling film
  • Melt the chocolate, milk and butter in a pan over a low heat
  • Once melted whisk in the icing sugar
  • Fold in half of the Easter chocolates
  • Pour into the prepared tin
  • Scatter the remaining chocolates over the top
  • Place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up (preferably overnight) 
  • Once firm cut into small pieces and enjoy!


Be warned... it is very very easy to eat far too much of this fudge!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh yum! That looks amazing! We have a lot of leftover chocolate. I may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete