Meal Planning Monday

By A Wee Bit of Cake - October 26, 2015

Errr how is it almost the end of October? Where has this past month gone??
 
We've had a few busy weekends and last weekend was pretty exciting. Mr T woke up on Saturday morning and decided we needed to get away for the weekend. I was happy to book a hotel in the Dales but he wanted something more exciting and within an hour a Travelodge had been booked in the outskirts of London and we were on our way! It was so lovely to spend some time together away from the normal distractions of life and I'm already plotting (and hinting) at somewhere more local to go away to for another babymoon for my 30th at the end of January. It's exactly a month away from my due date so I don't want venturing too far from Harrogate hospital. If anyone has any nice suggestions of somewhere to go with a nice afternoon tea please do let me know.
 
Anyway, meal plan! We are at the in-laws tonight as it's our nephew's 8th birthday and I'm catching up with my old work colleagues on Friday. Other than that it's a quiet week so let's hope we stick to plan and don't cave in and order takeway!
 
Monday - Birthday Tea for Mr O
Tuesday - Testing out the new Pressure Cooker from Prestige to make stew. Considering my aversion to beef during this pregnancy this should be interesting!
Wednesday - Spag Bol
Thursday - African Drumsticks with rice and peas (Nigella)
Friday - I'm out with ex-work colleagues so I may end up eating with them. Mr T will be fending for himself.
Saturday - Pork Chop Ariabiatta (Mary Berry)
Sunday - Sausage and Apple pie with mash and veg
 
So that's our week! I'll be linking up over at Mrs M's - hope you have a good one!   


Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. What a lovely weekend...
    It sounds like you have a great week of meals planned....I like the sound of the African Drumsticks :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim, if they are a success I'll post the recipe on here. Have a great week and enjoy your roast tonight x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Your meal plan sounds lovely, especially the drumsticks x #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kirsty, if they are a success I'll post the recipe on here. Have a great week x

      Delete
  3. Pork chops sound interesting, I find them so boring usually. May need to try that recipe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bex. It's a Mary Berry recipe from her Cooks the Perfect book. I hope it's nice :)

      Delete
  4. The Devonshire Arms over near Bolton Abbey is lovely and not too far from Harrogate - the drive across is gorgeous although might be a wee bit bleak in January!
    http://www.thedevonshirearms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh i forgot about there and it's only 30mins from us. Will google! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Sausage and apple pie sounds amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a spontaneous weekend away, you've got a good'un there! I don't know if Skipton would be too far from Harrogate, but I stayed in a lodge there a couple of years ago and it was amazing: http://www.theinelegantwench.com/2014/02/lodge-holiday-in-yorkshire.html and the afternoon tea at the on site cafe is one of the best I've ever had!

    Rachel x
    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for this Rachel, it looks lovely and Skipton is pretty close to Harrogate too! x

      Delete