A wee surprise...

By A Wee Bit of Cake - August 21, 2015

Hello! You all still there? I've realised it's been 2 months since my last blog post - sorry!

I do have a good reason though. Myself and Mr T were off getting married - it was amazing and more on that in another post but also we have discovered we are expecting a wee baby next year! 28th February to be exact.

We are both over the moon but it's been a whirlwind of emotions. I wrote this post below when we first found out...

I'm writing this post on 24/06/15 and myself and Mr T found out last night that I'm pregnant (if feels so strange to type those words!). Even though this baby is sort of planned it's still a shock. The wedding is 5 1/2 weeks away so on the actual day I'll  be 9-10 weeks gone. 2 weeks ago we decided to throw caution to the wind and if it happened it happened. We thought I had already ovulated so believed our chances of conceiving this month were pretty slim.
Last Friday (19th) I had some light spotting so thought my period was early but then I never came on. I took a test on Saturday morning which was negative then took another test on Tuesday night which turned out to be positive.

We never thought it would happen so quickly. I used to tease Tom saying he had to live up to his brother's record of getting his Fiance pregnant in a month but it looks like he topped that one haha! 

I know it's really early days and this pregnancy could come to nothing but fingers crossed it all works out we will have a baby by the end of Feb/start of March!

We honestly thought we had missed our window for this month and thought it would take at least 3-6 months as you hear so many stories of people trying for ages before it happens.

At the moment we are quietly cautious but excited too. I don't know yet when we will start telling people. Mr T wants to wait until after the 12 week scan but I want to tell my two besties when I see them next week. I'd also like to tell my parents in person so that's either in 3 weeks time or over the wedding weekend. If not I'd have to wait til I'm next back home which could be October or Christmas and that's just too late. Also mum would kill me if I kept something so big from her.

My only worry is work, I only started my new job in January so hopefully they aren't too upset. I fully intend to come back to work afterwards doing 3-4 days if they will allow it but I'll just have to wait and see...

So it's now the 25th of June and somehow I managed to get an appointment with the docs yesterday. Usually it can take nearly a week to see the doctor, fate must be on our side (I hope!). The doctor was lovely, explained lots, said I can still go to the gym and I won't show at the wedding phew! I've been booked in to see the midwife on  the 23rd July but it means leaving work at 3:30pm. If I wasn't so short on annual leave I'd just book the afternoon off.

I did feel a bit icky this morning but after eating breakfast it soon passed. Fingers crossed I don't get bad morning sickness or keeping this a secret at work is going to be hard!

So yeah... looks like we are going to be parents. We had the scan on the 20th of August and I was so scared. Honestly I was more nervous for it than on our wedding day. The midwife reckons it's cos I could control the wedding but I can't control the pregnancy. I kept my eyes tightly shut until the sonographer said "and there's baby, all ok."


After all my worry the scan was amazing! Baby kept jumping so she struggled with getting measurements - it's a right little wriggler already. We could have watched it all day and it's made me so excited for our next scan although I am nervous for that too. I think I'll be worrying until the day it's born.

I still can't believe it and feel so fortunate. So many people struggle with infertility and we got pregnant without even trying. I've also been lucky in that I haven't been too sick, just feeling off it and run down and thankfully it only happens in an afternoon and evening.

Now the wedding is over (I can't wait to tell you all about that) and I've got a bit more energy I'm looking forward to getting back in the kitchen and creating some recipes. I've really missed baking so I've a lot to catch up on!

I'm going to be a mummy....eeeeeee!!!

 
Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Congratulations! How lucky to have caught so quickly too. Hope you continue to feel well - I feel lucky to have had a fairly smooth pregnancy so far.

    Look forward to hearing about your wedding too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, apart from this constant tiredness I feel great!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! How lucky to have caught so quickly too. Hope you continue to feel well - I feel lucky to have had a fairly smooth pregnancy so far.

    Look forward to hearing about your wedding too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop, congratulations (& on your wedding too). Can't wait to see all about your wedding, and hear how you feel as your pregnancy grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I'm sure I'll have you all bored to death on here haha!

      Delete
  4. Aww! Congratulations!! How exciting x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woop woop! Congratulations! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete