#SwitchtheFish

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 11, 2015

I love fish and I’ll be honest, it’s something I don’t eat enough of. It’s daft really as it’s so good for us, high in omega 3 and so quick to cook. 

When Sainsburys got in touch and told me about their fish campaign I knew I needed to take part. So many people stick with eating cod or haddock but there are so many other amazing species of fish that we could be consuming.


On Friday 12th June our customers will be encouraged to widen their repertoire by being offered a free portion of a ‘lesser known’ fish from our fish counters when they ask for one of the ‘Big 5’ fish.  If a customer asks for one of the "Big 5" fish - salmon, tuna, haddock, cod or prawns - which make up 80% of fish sales in the UK, they will be offered a portion of one of our alternative fish for free - sea bass, coley, hake or loch trout.

One of my favourite types of fish is sea bass. The flavour is delicate yet delicious and isn’t too overpowering compared to other types of fish.


I whipped this dish up in 30mins with very little prep. It made me realise we need to eat more fish during the week; it’s quick, easy and most importantly healthy – yum! I did want to include samphire in the recipe but my local Sainsburys was sold out unfortunately.

Sea Bass Bake
2 sea bass gutted and cleaned
1 lemon cut into 4
300g prawns
100g chorizo diced
Salt and Pepper
Selection of greens
  • Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)
  • Place the fish onto a roasting dish lined with greaseproof paper
  • Place a 1/4 of the lemon into each fish setting aside the other 2 quarters for later
  • Season well, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30mins
  • 5 mins before the end pan fry the chorizo and prawns over a high heat and cook up your greens.
  • Tip the chorizo and prawns over the fish, sprinkle with some dried parsley and serve.
Enjoy!





Thanks Sainsburys for giving me the opportunity to take part in #switchthefish.


Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments